Wakatobi National ParkIs one of 50 national parks in Indonesia, which is located in the district of Wakatobi, Southeast Sulawesi, .Wakatobi National Park
Has a total area of 1.39 million ha, concerning marine biodiversity, scale and condition of coral; which occupies one of the highest priority position of marine conservation in Indonesia. Depth of water in the park is varied, reaching the deepest part 1 Kilo meters below sea level.
Why I Should That's where?
Typically, sperm whales are in Wakatobi in November, while the other hemisphere freezes.
In the Wakatobi relatively warmer waters and abundant food that can satiate whales stomach.
Wakatobi National Park has nearly a hundred species of colorful fish. such as Eurasian kingfisher (Alcedo atthis). Several species of turtles also make this park their home such as hawksbill turtle (Eretmochelys imbricata), loggerhead turtle (Caretta caretta), and olive ridley turtles (Lepidochelys olivacea).
Colorful coral huddled here and there. Anemone fish or clown fish play on the sidelines of the soft coral anemone home so mereka.Selain Hoga Channel, there are about 20 dive sites scattered in the waters of Wakatobi. Pinnacle site, near Hoga Island. Kaledupa there Kaledupa Reef, table coral (coral-shaped table) measuring 2-3 meters of coral and there Tomia Island Let Drunk. and each of these sites has their uniqueness.
Wakatobi National Park is also home to several species of sea birds such as goose-brown stone (Sula leucogaster plotus), Malay plover (Charadrius peronii).
More than 112 species of corals from 13 families including Acropora formosa, A. Hyacinthus, Psammocora profundasafla, Pavona cactus, Leptoseris yabei, Fungia molucensis, Lobophyllia robusta, Merulina ampliata, Platygyra versifora, Euphyllia glabrescens, Tubastraea frondes, Stylophora pistillata, throchelliophorum Sarcophyton, and Sinularia spp who live in harmony with other underwater inhabitants.
There, there are 750 of the total 850 species of coral in the world. Configuration depth varies from flat to sloping to the sea and in some areas there are bertubir steep waters. Deepest waters reach 1,044 meters.
Some of the activities you can certainly do that here ranging from diving, snorkeling and swimming to see the beautiful coral reefs and a variety of biota laut.Anda can also visit the village of indigenous people living around the park. Tribes living around the park is known as Bajau tribe. According to the ancient Chinese and European explorers, said that the boat people are capable of exploring Johor, Singapore, Sulawesi and the Sulu Archipelago.
Hoga Island (Resort Kaledupa), Binongko Island (Resort Binongko) Tamia and Resort is the location of interesting places to visit, especially for diving, snorkeling, marine tourism, swimming, camping and culture.
How Do I get there?
Regular boats to the island of Wangi-Wangi depart every morning at 10 and will arrive at the destination about 10 to 12 hours later. Of Wangi-Wangi, trips to other islands can be reached by boat-boat charter or regular boat that simple, but fairly safe.
Or Can Also Go Through Another Path Wakatobi National Park location, preferably through smells, then to Lasalimu using four-wheeled vehicle with a travel time of about two hours. selanjunya to Wanci (Wakatobi Capital) reached by boat trip takes about an hour away.
How In The accommodations?
In Hoga Island with white sand beaches and beautiful panorama offered a place that can accommodate up to hundreds of guests.
Here are some hotels and inns for you to spend time in Wanci in Wangi-Wangi Island.
When should I get there?
Know Before You Go
- Hoga Island (Resort Kaledupa), Binongko Island (Resort Binongko) Tamia and Resort is the location of interesting places to visit, especially for diving, snorkeling, marine tourism, swimming, camping and culture.
- The indigenous people who live around the park or the sea tribe called Bajau tribe.
- According to the ancient Chinese and European explorers, said that boating humans are capable of being explored Merqui Islands, Johor, Singapore, Sulawesi and the Sulu Archipelago.
- Of the whole human boating in Southeast Asia that still have traditional boating culture is the Bajau tribe.
- Seeing their daily lives is interesting and unique, especially diving into the ocean without the equipment to spear fish.
- If you want to venture into the interior, very wise when you use the services of a guide from your hotel or place to stay. Provide enough money because in this place where the ATM is quite rare.
- It is wise if you always provide safe water to drink in a portable package.
- Protective cream or sunscreen should always be taken and used as needed in this area because the air is very hot while the wind blows quite refreshing.