Rubiah Islandsurrounded by the Strait of Malacca in the North, in the South Indian Ocean, the Strait of Malacca in the Indian Ocean in the East and the West. Island with an area of 156.3 km ² consists of several small islands that formed as a result of the eruption of Weh Island (121 km2), Rubiah Island (0,357 km2), Seulako Island (0.055 km2), Klah Island (0.186 km2), and the Island Rondo (0.650 km2).
Rubiah Sea Garden
During World War II, then, the island is a stronghold of the Dutch and the Japanese, and to this day the Dutch army's defense collapsed buildings were still seen in the Heritage Only There.One Such Seen At The Beach And Some Anoi Itam Warship That Has Become Home To Coral Reef and fish - fish point in Various Color colorful Throughout Diving Sabang Island
Why I Should That's where?
Coral reef here consists of various types, shapes and colors that make interesting reef. To go to this area, can travel a road or waters using fishing boats.
Surely the rocks that form a very interesting group of these would spoil the eyes of lovers of nautical tourism. Not only coral reef marine park adorn this, various types of tropical fish like gigantic clams, angel fish, school of parrot fish, lion fish and many others add exotic underwater garden here.
Here the fish life colorful and interesting as the tiger fish or parrot fish. Great shape and color that attract divers make myself forget. Not to mention if diving deeper, will find a lot of fish such as manta rays, sharks, turtles and others.
In addition to local and international tourist destination, Rubiah Island was also used as a place to study marine life such as coral reefs and reef fish. Of the 15 species of marine life are protected by the Indonesian government, of which there are 14 marine life in this Rubiah Island Marine Park. It's a very inappropriate place to visit especially for tourists who have a hobby of diving. So, immediately put Rubiah Island in Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam on your next trip list. Happy trip and always save our earth.
How Do I get there?
The travel time from Banda Aceh to Sabang Island using the ferry will take about 90 minutes with ticket prices ranging from Rp. 30,000 per person each way. While using the speedboat will be a little faster, which is about 45 minutes by rental fees ranging from Rp. 50,000 per person each way. Upon arriving on the island of Sabang, the tourists went on a trip to the island by boat Rubiah takes about 30 minutes.
Rate per person range from the harbor to the beach wells Balohan Three Rp. 25.000 - Rp. 30,000, up the coast of Port Balohan Gapang 40,000 - RP. 45,000, Port Balohan until Iboih Rp. 50,000
- Airport taxi fare Sultan Iskandar Muda Airport - Ulee Lheu: Rp. 100,000
- Labi-labi charter rates from the bus terminal - Ulee Lheu: Rp. 60,000
- Taxi fare Ulee Lheu - Sultan Iskandar Muda Airport (if you want a city tour, 1-2 hours): Rp. 150,000 - Rp. 200.000, -
How In The accommodations?
One could even say this island is still inhabited, so completely unspoiled. Though uninhabited, but the beauty of this island, especially the beauty of the underwater park has many inviting tourists both domestic and foreign tourists to come here.
When should I get there?
Travel locations Anything Can I Visit There?
Touring by bicycle or motorcycle will be an exciting and memorable sensation.
Sabang is a municipality of Pulau Weh that can be explored within 1-2 days.
Gapang beaches: Sabang Road - 21 KM Iboih
Love the beach: Jl.Hasanudin,
Teupin beach Layeu: Iboih Village Km 23
Ujung Kareung: Meulee Ie Village, Pulau Weh
Know Before You Go
- To rent a vehicle such as a motorcycle, bicycle, or car then you can find at the lodge or from the Port Balohan.
- Given the gas station in Pulau Weh is not much then make sure you regularly check the availability of local residents call it petrol or oil. At the roadside fuel sellers are usually available at any time if you need emergency.
- Sabang as well as other areas in the province of Aceh to implement Islamic Sharia law here, although somewhat less restrictive because many foreign tourists.
- The food at Sabang certainly lawful types including non-alcoholic beverages. In certain places and alcoholic beverages can be found exclusively for foreign tourists.
- It is wise if you always provide safe water to drink in a portable package.
- Protective cream or sunscreen should always be taken and used as needed in this area because the air is very hot while the wind blows quite refreshing.
- You should also carry protective anti mosquito.
- Wear shoes or sandals when walking the streets of coastal beaches to avoid sea urchins are sometimes unpredictable trampled.
- Make sure you bring equipment for maritime activity in disni nonetheless available equipment can be hired. It will also greatly help to reduce the expenditure of money on location.
- Arm yourself with food. Ranging from snacks for trips up a lot of mineral water. A little difficult to find the stalls on the beach mekaki
- Each visitor is forbidden to interfere with, damage, take, or hunting flora, fauna and ecosystems.
- Due to the minimal lighting without electricity, do not forget to bring a flashlight. Also bring personal medicines including antiseptic. Because clean water is rather difficult, to bring also antiseptic hand gel and wet wipes.
- For the camera, you should take an underwater camera and telephoto cameras to capture dolphins. Bring waterproof plastic to put things in order not to get wet. Repellents also do not harm brought. As well as moisturizing sunscreen.