Lorentz National ParkNature tourism in Papua and West are very diverse, but the best known is the beach tourism andMaritime there. Various beach with a very exotic atmosphere is a mainstay of the region. Even the tourists were willing foreign countries all the way there to enjoy the natural attractions that exist only in West Papua.One Of Them and Raja Ampat Islands And Misool Island
In 1999, the National Park was designated a world heritage site in Indonesia in addition to Komodo Island National Park and Ujung Kulon National Park. Location of the National Park stretches from the top of the mountain with an altitude of 5,030 meters above sea level Jayawijaya are covered by eternal snow to coastal waters with mangrove forests in the Arafura Sea.
Lorentz National Park Authority is representative of the complete ecosystem for biodiversity in Southeast Asia and the Pacific. This area is also one of the three regions of the world that have glaciers in the tropics.
Why I Should That's where?
In the stretch, there is a spectrum of ecological stunning alpine vegetation of the region, sub-alpine, montane, sub-montane, lowland, and wetlands.
Lorentz National Park has mangrove roots neatly arranged above sea level. These roots, as a decoration surrounding seaside Lorentz National Park. Meanwhile, the western, eastern, and north, filled with lush trees, interspersed with rivers, both large and small.
This river flows, besides being able to decorate the edge of the mountain, also forms a waterfall at some point in the national park. Most of these rivers, flowing into the earth Papua, and forming an underground river.
Mammals in the region, among others, tree kangaroos, porcupines irian, water vole, brown wallaby and possum spots. In addition, this region is also home to around 45 species of birds, one of the most famous and rare is paradise.
Meanwhile, it is estimated there are more than 1,000 species of fish, among them the kaloso fish or fish that is popular with the name arwana.Office Lorentz National Park, designated as a World Natural Heritage Site by UNESCO and Natural Heritage
This area, also are home to tribes Nduga, Western Dani, Asmat tribe, tribal Sempan, and Amungme. Culture of people who live in this area has been there since about 30,000 years ago.
How Do I get there?
To achieve the Lorentz National Park, visitors can use the pioneering aircraft from Timika city to the northern part of the Lorentz National Park is located in the district of Paniai. Moreover, by using the pioneering aircraft, visitors can also fly to the south, specifically to Merauke.
Ticket prices are still to be confirmed. However, for visitors who want visited Lorentz National Park, please contact first Lorentz National Park Authority, to confirm how to visit this park. Lorentz National Park office is located at Jl. Raya Abepura, Kotaraja, PO BOX 1217, Jayapura, West Papua
How In The accommodations?
When should I get there?
Know Before You Go
- Because it is still natural for accommodation, so it is advisable to bring enough supplies such as tents or other equipment. Visitors can use the cave for rest or lowlands.
- Lorentz National Park is the location away from residential areas, so it is advisable take Map, Handy Talky, which supports GPS and altimeter barometer and compass directions such that you do not get lost in there
- Nearly 87% of vegetation there is rain forest, lowland forest to high mangrove forests and also have very high rainfall annually, so persipkanlah adequate supplies such as warm clothing, sleaping bed, insect repellent, shoes and of course tracking drugs sufficient for the first penanggulang when things happen that are not in want
- Absence of ATMs around the Lorentz National Park, So Bring Money Suggested That's enough, so that your trip more interesting
- Mobile Communications Limited In Lorentz National Park so bring your recommended Handy Talky was useful to monitor the latest information from the National Park Authority Lorentz